Understanding Chiropractic CarePosted on by news
The benefits of chiropractic care are numerous. As a chiropractic patient, you might be happy with its positive effect on your body and mind. But, what if you have to explain the concept of chiropractic to your family and friends?
You can easily suggest a back doctor to your family based on your experience. It gets difficult if someone asks you to explain how chiropractic treatment works. Therefore, it is important for you to understand the need for chiropractic treatment. You should also know the conditions chiropractic care can help with.
The Eden Prairie chiropractors provide the best chiropractic care you need. You can delve deeper into the concept of chiropractic by talking to our knowledgeable back doctors.
The Basics of Chiropractic
- The Nervous System and the Spine: The nervous system is the central system housed in the brain and spinal cord. This system controls all the functions of your mind and body. The nervous system allows your brain to send communications to the different parts of the body through the spinal cord.
- Taking care of your Spine: The spine has a key role to play in the nervous system’s brain-to-body communication functioning. Therefore, it is important to keep your spine healthy throughout your life. Chiropractic care is the best way to ensure your good spinal health. Our Eden Prairie chiropractors are experts in treating your musculoskeletal system effectively. This system is the network of bones, muscles, joints, and ligaments which supports your body’s stability and movement. Our back doctors undergo years of training to learn to correct issues in the spine through chiropractic.
- Subluxation: The spinal issues are basically misalignments commonly known as Subluxation. If you have misaligned bones in the spine, it can put pressure on your nerves. Consequently, it creates an obstruction between the brain and the body’s communication. Your body functioning is affected by the misalignments caused. Many times, you are unable to notice any symptoms that tell you to have Subluxation in your spine. Still, there are some indicators that signal the condition of Subluxation such as-
- Headaches, neck pain, and back pain;
- Dizziness, weakness, low energy;
- Reduced mobility, joint pain, or numbness.
How Chiropractic treat Subluxation
If you notice any of the above conditions for a prolonged period of time, you should see a back doctor. He might recommend taking help from a chiropractor to treat subluxation. While a back doctor can only give pain relievers for temporary relaxation, you need a more effective solution. That is why it is important to find chiropractors near you or ask your family doctor to suggest one.
A chiropractor applies gentle and controlled pressure on the misaligned vertebrae with the hands. This chiropractic adjustment eliminates subluxation without any risk or excessive pain. The best part about chiropractic care is that it focuses on both the symptoms and the root of the problem of subluxation. The chiropractic adjustment is often referred to as joint manipulation which takes the pressure off your nerves. It relaxes your muscles and allows your body to heal itself and function properly.