Sports chiropractic services
Therapeutic ultrasound heats and stimulates injured soft tissues, increasing cell streaming.
Cell streaming is the movement of fluids within the cells of the human body, which enables cells to communicate with increased efficiency, speeding up the healing process to the injured tissues.
Therapeutic ultrasound increases the recovery rate of damaged tissue by softening any scare tissue present in an injured area, without adding any strain.
Therapeutic ultrasound benefits include:
- Increases blood flow in the injured area, which speeds the healing process
- Reduces swelling and edema, which can be significant sources of pain
- Gently massages the muscles, tendons and/or ligaments in the treated area
- Increases pain threshold
- Increases collagen extensibility for improved stretching abilities
Conditions that therapeutic ultrasound treats include:
- Wrist pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Chronic pain
- Myositis – the inflammation of muscle tissues
- Bursitis – inflammation of the fluid-field pads surrounding joints
- Tenosynovitis – the inflammation of the tendon, including the protective sheath that covers it
- Osteoarthritis – the wearing down of cartilage at the end of the bone
- Hamstring injuries
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Experiencing pain or instability? Get to the root of the problem and book a visit today.
Are Therapeutic Ultrasound and Diagnostic Ultrasound the same thing?
This question is asked in the office all the time. Therapeutic ultrasound that sports chiropractors use do not visualize injuries in the same way that diagnostic ultrasound commonly associated with pregnancy do.
Therapeutic ultrasound uses sound waves at a particular length to actually treat the tissues beneath the ultrasound head. This therapy decreases injury healing times by affecting the physiology of the injury at the cellular level.
If you have questions about whether a sports chiropractic clinic is right for you, give us a call or fill out our contact form.
Frequently asked questions
What can you expect from a visit with the sports chiropractors at Premier Sports & Spine? Read about what a visit entails in our FAQ.