MOBILITY AT YOUR DESK
pec minor stretch
5 tips for desk fitness (some app options you could all probably improve!)
ERGONOMICS AT YOUR DESK
Regardless of how good your working posture is, working in the same posture or sitting still for prolonged periods is not healthy. Change it up and move around.
WEIGHT LOSS AT YOUR DESK
Calories in…be aware of what you are eating and when
Get up and move – try some speed ping pong at the office!
Hydration! Have a minimum of 64 oz of water every day…additional when exercising
STRESS RELIEF IN YOUR DAY
1. Sleep. Recommended and adult ages 26-64 gets 7-9 hours of sleep per night.
2. Breathing. Diaphragmatic breathing – Inhale 7 seconds, hold for 10, exhale for 7 seconds
3. Exercise. Do something fun/hobby/activity to make it less of a chore.
AHA Recommendation For Overall Cardiovascular Health
– At least 30 min of moderate intensity aerobic activity at least 5 days/week for a total of 150 min
– At least 25 min of vigorous aerobic activity at least 3 days/week for a total of 75 min
– Combination of moderate and vigorous intensity aerobic activity AND moderate to high intensity strengthening activity at least 2 days/week for additional health benefits
4. Healthy Snacks. Fruits/veggies – use food as fuel, not comfort
5. Task List. First thing on the task list, make a task list for the day – Most important thing first, prioritize!